New Forest camping
You can enjoy some relaxing New Forest
camping and caravanning
on ten managed sites operated by
Camping In The Forest
, who run forest and woodland based caravan parks and campsites all around the UK, in close conjunction with the
Camping and Caravanning Club
In addition, there is a small selection of privately owned campsites throughout the National Park, but it’s my recommendation that you opt for the Camping In The Forest sites to experience the unique New Forest atmosphere first hand!
Camping In The Forest
run New Forest camspites are all set
in natural New Forest surroundings
Camping in the New Forest is a great experience and puts you right in the heart of the Forest. The Camping In The Forest campsites are set in totally natural surroundings and it’s not uncommon to find yourself sharing a pitch with the New Forest ponies , or even the odd deer!
Facilities and amenities do differ between the New Forest caravan parks and campsites, and it’s very important to note that
all sites have toilet and shower facilities. In these cases a chemical toilet of some kind
required for you to be able to stay on the campsite. Also, only a few of the campsites have electrical hook-up options and not all sites permit dogs.
Clicking through to any of the New Forest caravan park and campsite pages listed below will give you the precise details of that site.
Given the relatively small size of the New Forest, all campsites are perfectly located for access onto the Open Forest itself and to all of the area’s main attractions .
The New Forest campsites
The ten campsites managed by Camping In The Forest are, in alphabetical order:
- Aldridge Hill Caravan Park and Campsite near Brockenhurst.
- Ashurst Caravan Park and Campsite at Ashurst.
- Denny Wood Caravan Park and Campsite between Lyndhurst and Beaulieu.
- Hollands Wood Caravan Park and Campsite at Brockenhurst.
- Holmsley Caravan Park and Campsite near Burley.
- Longbeech Caravan Park and Campsite on Stoney Cross.
- Matley Wood Caravan Park and Campsite between Lyndhurst and Beaulieu.
- Ocknell Caravan Park and Campsite on Stoney Cross.
- Roundhill Caravan Park and Campsite between Brockenhurst and Beaulieu.
- Setthorns Caravan Park and Campsite near Sway.
A spot of New Forest camping at any of the campsites above will give you a chance to soak up the unique Forest atmosphere first hand.
And a good pub is never far away!
While camping in the New Forest, why not try some of my walk suggestions ?
If you’re looking for somewhere a bit more luxurious to stay, see the New Forest hotels page.